Taking care of your gold jewels
Congratulations on choosing a sustainable piece: gold is a precious metal which can last a lifetime. You can also completely recycle it by having it melted into a new jewel created if you want to change style.
A few tips on how to maintain your gold piece’s strength and brilliance:
1. Even if it will miss you, your jewel will be better left on your bedside table at night.
2. Your jewel prefers to avoid creams and perfumes: put it after getting ready.
3. Your jewel is not afraid of water,but prefers to stay dry (and trying to get your ring back in the shower drain is never ideal ;)).
Air pollution, dust and daily wear can dull the surface of your jewelry.
Clean it in 4 easy steps:
- Soak your jewel in a little bowl of lukewarm water and gentle hand soap.
- Let it rest for a few minutes, which will allow to remove the traces and the accumulated dust.
- Complete the cleaning with a soft toothbrush.
- Wash it in clear water and dry it with a soft wipe.
Be gentle when cleaning, particularly around the prongs if your jewel features precious stones.
Avoid water entirely for gems secured without prongs, such as pearls secured with glue.
Water and temperature changes can cause the glue to break down and induce gem loss.
In this case, it is wiser to choose professional cleaning.